The consulting projects Dr. Andriole has undertaken tend to fall into strategic and operational categories. Another way to segment the work is into “diagnostic” and “prescriptive” categories where assessments of technologies, investment strategies, processes and marketing plans often lead to specific recommendations to buy, build, outsource, invest or divest. The projects last anywhere from a few days to several months; some longer.
He has consulted for government agencies, private and public companies, private equity venture funds, and investment banks.
Dr. Andriole offers the following consulting services:
- Readiness: executive sessions & boot camps that assess a firm’s readiness for digital transformation
- Awareness: executive sessions that focus on emerging technologies most likely to impact business models and processes across vertical industries, including AI, machine learning, blockchain, IOT, and augmented reality
- Assessments: hard choices about technology architectures, platforms, and teams
- Digital transformation: assessments and implementation across vertical industries
- Technology M&A: due diligence before, during and after mergers and acquisitions
- Expert Witness: services on various technology acquisition, management, and deployment projects
- Speaking Engagements: covering the state of emerging and disruptive technologies across vertical industries
Some of Dr. Andriole’s consulting clients include: The International Monetary Fund (IMF), General Electric, Magnavox, Cigna, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the Conference of State Bank Supervisors, Merck & Co., Computer Sciences Corporation, Shire Pharmaceuticals, MIT/Lincoln Labs, Air Products & Chemicals, Booz-Allen & Hamilton, Zebra Technologies, Computer Sciences Corporation, Vertex, Coriell Life Sciences, SAIC, Berkshire Hathaway, LiquidHub, Arcadia University, the Department of Homeland Security, the National Academy of Sciences, GSK, Astra-Zeneca, the Software Productivity Consortium and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), among other companies and government organizations.